Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Can you help! Operations Management Paper – The assignment should be prepared
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Can you help!
Operations Management Paper
– The assignment should be prepared as a Word document, 3 to 4 pages in length.
• The document should be double-spaced, using Arial font #12.
• Add any appendices or references at the end of the Word document for each discipline separately.
• Your reference sources, in addition to the base case and question sets, should be online sites and articles, Bloomberg terminals, and other sources.
• Turnitin, a software tool that improves writing and prevents plagiarism, will be used to assess your sourcing of information.
Please make sure to read the two cases about Disney before you answer the below questions.
Operations Management Paper
Operations Management Questions:
There are two Disney cases that you must read to complete this assignment. However, before you read the two cases, you must refresh your understanding of the six key operations management functions (listed below for your convenience) discussed in the
Forecasting Project Management
Quality Management Process Design
Supply Chain Management Inventory Management
1.Out of the six OM Functions, which, if any, were impacted by the sexual harassment controversies in Disney. How and why? (50 -100 words)
2. Leadership plays an important role in shaping up the operations of a corporation. Were the six OM functions impacted by leadership styles of Isner and Iger? How and Why? (100 – 150 words)
3. As you know that in a corporation, decisions made in one functional area [finance, Marketing, operations, HR practices (management)] impact on the other functional areas. Disney, like many corporations, is repositioning its business post Corona/Covid. There is a rumor that the operations budget will be cut. You are convinced that it will hurt the overall business including other functional areas. Develop an argument to defend your position. ( One Paragraph)
4. Background: One of Disney’s theme parks in Orlando is facing a problem with overcrowding especially in the summer months. Surveys have revealed public dissatisfaction with the long lines at the day-of-visit ticket counters at the entrance to the park. Once visitors arrive at the main entrance to the park, those with advance-purchase tickets are directed by a separate entrance to a parking lot where they park their cars and take shuttle buses to the entrances to the different rides and amusements.
Visitors who have not purchased their tickets in advance drive to another parking lot where they park their cars and walk the short distance to ticket counters where they purchase their tickets. The number of ticket counters that are open at any time is based on Disney’s forecast of the number of visitors they expect to see at that particular day and time of day.
Disney maintains extensive data on the number of visitors arriving at the park, those with advance-purchase tickets, and those without. The number of visitors varies from day to day; weekends are the most popular days. Data for the last 5 weeks for visitors who need to purchase day-of-visit tickets is given in the file Arrivals.xlsx.
Question: For each day of the next week (June 30 to July 6) make forecasts of the number of visitors who will purchase day-of-visit tickets. Make sure your forecasts include any adjustments for trend and seasonality.
• Draw a graph of the data
• What do the seasonality indexes tell you?
• Is the number of visitors per day increasing or decreasing? By how much?
• What is the equation that describes the average number of visitors arriving on any given day?
• Create a table showing the number of visitors you expect each day of next week during each of the four time periods.
• How will Disney use your forecasts in planning and managing park operations for the week of June 30th ? ( 100 – 150 words)
+1 (267) 743-9381